Roofs and roofing materials have evolved to a point where the manufacturers have them down to a science and they are super resilient. Unfortunately, many property owners in Pine, CO handle roofing repairs or maintenance themselves instead of calling a professional. Consequently, it ends up costing them more money than they would have paid a professional to do the job.
Roof Problem Red Flags
- Interior signs of possible roof damages are water stains, leaks, drips, falling ceiling tiles or drywall, peeling paint, mold, and mildew are evidence of a potential leak in that area of your roof.
- Ponding Water: This term refers to a pool of water that settles on top of a roof that doesn’t drain off the building. This can cause leaks to form and lead to the roofing materials becoming damaged.
Professional roof inspectors will check for:
- Severely blistered, curled or split shingles
- Loose, not sealed, or missing shingles
- Loose or broken shingles at the ridge and hip lines.
- “Popped” or exposed nails
- Flashing missing caulk or sealant
- Metal flashing that is corroded
- Dry rot on rubber flashing
- Damaged or missing flashing
- Excessive granule loss on shingles
- Missing Mortar or Cracks in Bricks and Chimneys
- Check gutters and downspouts
- Rotting and damaged fascia board
- Condition of siding above the roof
- Eaves for proper shingle overhangs
- Cracks in the roof sheathing
- Proper attic ventilation
- Sagging decking (between rafters)
- Outside light coming through to the inside
- Visible leaks on the inside
- Proper ventilation from bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans
- Signs of condensation, wet drywall, or mold.
What should Pine Junction property owners expect during roofing inspections?
- Professional roofers look for leaks during an inspection to prevent water damage from developing. The roofing contractors use materials to identify any damage on a roof. Any insects or animals that have infested the roof will also be discovered if nests or droppings.
- When to Hire a Professional Roofer
- Learn a few tips on when to hire a Pine CO roofing contractor for your home.
Home Grown services more than just roofs
- Any roofer knows that water management is essential. Our team of contractors offer many types of gutters, including seamless or galvanized models, and they provide a full system of flashing and venting to keep water out while allowing air to flow through.
- Home Grown Roofing and Contracting handles almost any type of exterior work such as painting, siding, windows and doors. As a full service exterior contractor, Home Grown employs roofing contractors that deal with almost any type of storm damage as well.
- Pine, CO, can get some aggressive hail during its thunderstorms, and that hail can cause serious damage. When hail strikes a home, Home Grown Roofing and contracting will repair it so that it looks brand new again.
A roofing contractor from Home Grown Roofing and Contracting of Pine CO will answer any questions about residential roofing, exterior painting, guttters or siding. Contact us today!